- Annabel Anderson: The world's #1 stand-up paddle boarder
- Ingo Rademacher
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: Servings: Serves 2
• 1 cup blueberries - a true superfood with some of the highest antioxidant properties that are essential to neutralizing free radicals for optimal health.
• 1 cup sliced strawberries - a perfect source for vitamin c, potassium, folic acid and fibre. One cup contains all your daily needs for vitamin C for 50 calories.
• 1 tbsp Garden of Life RAW Organic Green Super Food in Chocolate Cacao - Raw, vegan and dairy free, we are huge fans of Garden of Life here at Mahiku! This organic veggie juice powder is rich in chlorophyll, trace minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and probiotics!
• 2 tsp chia seeds - chia seeds are a tiny superfood packed with protein, omega 3’s and fibre.
• 2 cups almond milk - unlike cows milk, almond milk contains no saturated fat or cholesterol making it a much more heart healthy option! It also contains plenty of vitamin E to repair and protect your skin.
•1 banana (optional)
Try to choose local or organic ingredients and don’t forget to share with your loved ones!
With love from Hawaii,
I work out five days a week with a wonderful group of friends here on Oahu. It’s a traditional aerobic/anarobic gym workout aimed to target all muscle groups and my ideal cross training to surfing and SUP racing.
The first step is a good warm up, as it prevents injury and generates blood circulation to heat up the muscles, tendons and ligaments before more vigorous activity.
My warm up consists of a short run, 100 reps with a jump rope and 100 reps of a core movement of your choice (eg. sit up). Jump rope is also a great workout if you are travelling, easy to pack a rope and skip in a confined space like a hotel room!
We then move on to the real work…
4 x 10 Thrusters - a squat to overhead press with 2 x 10lbs weights. It’s a total body exercise that targets your thighs, hips, shoulders, and triceps.
4x 10 Push Ups - the most well known and widely used exercise! Push ups work your entire body from arms to abs to legs. Engage your hips and align your body to prevent piking up or sagging. Push ups are the core of any workout, you don’t need anything more than floor space and determination. Start off from the knees and work your way to the full plank push up for maximum strength!
4x10 Kettle Bells - Kettle ball training engages multiple muscle groups while forcing your body to work as one cohesive unit. Swing an 8lb kettle ball between your legs and up to eye level. Thrust your hips as you swing up to eye level for a smoother transition.
4 x 5 full Pull Ups - No cheating!! Like the push up, the pull up is a staple of any comprehensive workout. It is the perfect upper body strength builder!
4 x 10 Step Ups - Alternating legs, step up onto a box, lifting your knee to chest as the other straightens onto the step. Step ups are a fantastic toner for your lower body, while also working on your balance.
4 x 5 Burpies - The craziest cardio move!! Start by squatting down, placing hands on the mat, kicking legs back to plank, then lower body down so your chest touches the mat. Push up to plank, then bring the feet back in at the same time and finish with a jump. A burpie is an explosive plyometric movement that will push your heart rate up in no time!
Battle Ropes - These are insane!! We hold onto the open ends of the rope with each hand, imagine reaching out and grabbing a pole, that's our grip! Then we squat down and move our arms up and down creating waves with the rope. 40 times. This will leave you out of breath for sure!!
Rules and how to play:
2. Whoever enters the code first is the Winner! There's no trophy for 2nd place, so be quick! :-)
3. We suggest you open a PAYPAL account to be faster. Paypal is great for any online shopping you do on most websites. Makes life easier.
4. The Promo code is entered after Paypal when you enter shipping info. It's a sizable window, you can't miss it. Once the code is entered you proceed and if you were the first you should only be paying for shipping.
5. You are only allowed ONE pant in your cart during checkout.
6. You are allowed to win 2 times total during our offer. After that you are not allowed to play again.
7. Since we do not have all sizes in all Pants choose any size and we can switch it out for another Size by emailing us at email@example.com
This ONLY applies if your size is not available in the "Give Away" pant for the day.
8. Good luck. and please write a review under our product section
We are so thrilled celebrate Spring with the launch of our brand new site!! Enjoy the enhanced features, including our weekly blog, and find everything you need to inspire your active lifestyle here at Mahiku.
Our Spring collection will see an expansion of our accessories line to include Mahiku headbands fashioned from our Kini material to encourage you to mix and match with your favorite pant! Be creative and pair two different designs! Our signature quick dry nylon spandex blend will absorb your hard earned sweat for a good clean workout, a godsend in a hot yoga class!
Due to popular demand, we also have awesome new colors and prints for the Kini Capri and our trademark two tone Kini Hybrid Capri. It’s an exciting time here at Mahiku and we can’t wait to share what we have in store for you in the future. Summer 2014 will be worth the wait.
Stay tuned with our blog, sign up for our newsletter, hashtag us in your pics #mahiku, say hi to us and don’t forget to share the many colors of Mahiku!
With love from Hawaii,
Ehiku and Ingo Rademacher
photo: Ryan Foley